Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weblog

Betty Ford still dead (Grand Rapids Press/MLive)
So put her in the ground already. Having a state funeral for someone who was the First Lady 34 years ago seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me.  Her husband was president not royalty. Just sayin'.

Ex-Mayor Kilpatrick still hatin' on whitey, spinning and lying (Curt Guyette, Detroit Metro-Times)
"That's the thing about Kwame: He may be a prolific liar, but that doesn't make him a proficient one. In fact, Chapter 1 in the Liar's Handbook clearly states that you don't prevaricate about things that are easily proven to be untrue."

Amongst KK's demographic base "truth" is relative not absolute. Truth is whatever he needs it to be at any given moment. 

Listening to Obama's speeches: An "unhappy duty" I'll leave to others (Michael Godwin, NY Post)
"Enough. He is the Man Who Won't Listen to Anybody, so why should anybody listen to him?
Tuning out and turning off the president does not fill me with gladness. He cannot be ignored.
But for now, I will leave that unhappy duty to others. I am tired of Barack Obama. There's nothing new there. His speeches are like 'Groundhog Day.' "

I've felt the same way about presidential speeches for the last four administrations. The only quibble I have is that I don't believe I have a duty somehow to listen to Obama or any other pol.

Let's face it, high speed rail is dead (Aaron Renn, New Geography)
I sure hope so. Just regular trains will be fine.